We are looking for an Assistant Wine Sales Manager to work alongside our Shop, Warehouse and Online Managers. This provides an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to commence their career and become part of our future. It is a diverse and varied role that will cover all aspects of our business from being involved with buying right though to delivering to our customers both in the shop and out on our vans.
The role is for a committed person with a passion for wine, a desire to learn, dedication and personality to deliver outstanding customer service.
37.5 hours per week, changing shift pattern between 8 am and 6pm Monday to Saturday
The main role consists of:
• Serving and advising customers on their choice of wines and spirits both in the shop and on the telephone or by email.
• Creating shop displays aligned with the sales plans and ensuring the shop is kept clean and tidy and fully stocked at all times.
• Assisting with the shop and warehouse deliveries both goods in and out (full, clean UK drivers licence will be required).
• Picking and preparing orders.
• Delivering goods to customers.
• Assisting in the maintenance of the website and database.
• Opportunity to assist with buying - tasting and selecting wine and spirits for sale and meeting our international wine makers.
• Assisting at tasting events both held on and off site.
• A keen interest in wine and spirits with a enthusiasm to extend knowledge.
• Personability. A polite and friendly manner is paramount.
• Physical fitness. The role requires physical fitness such as lifting and unloading stock and working across multiple floors.
• Demonstrably and proficient ability with IT, particularly MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Numerate, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good organisational skills.
• Practical, logical thinker to achieve objectives against set deadlines.
• Able to manage time and workload effectively.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Has good attendance and timekeeping.
• Full clean British Driving Licence
The following attributes are desirable but not essential:
Sales and retail experience (preferably in the wine industry).
An understanding of databases.
Opportunity to study Wine and Spirit Education Trust exams.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the role by post or email to email@example.com. For questions, call Fiona on 0794 1048107.
£8.72 - £9.50 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)